PADI CORAL REEF CONSERVATION SPECIALTY
Coral reefs need caring divers and non-divers to conserve the fragile aquatic ecosystems. Join the actions of concerned individuals, by discovering some of the most pressing problems facing these vulnerable environments, and help to protect and conserve them. The Coral Reef Conservation course is informative, interesting and you can make a difference.
The PADI Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course – £85
PADI Coral Reef Conservation course – prerequisites
Because this specialty does not require any specific scuba dives in the open water environment, there are no prerequisites and no minimum age for this specialty course.
Coral Reefs – Learn about
- The Project AWARE Foundation – a non-profit making environmental organisation
- How a coral reef functions
- Why coral reefs are so important
- Why many reefs are in trouble
- Action – you can make a difference
Coral Reef Conservation – Learning Materials:
The PADI A.W.A.R.E. manual is not included in the price* which includes all the required materials to complete the PADI Coral Reef Conservation course, and it is available from the Dive Centre.
The topics that are covered in the Manual & DVD include
- The world’s Oceans and coastal zone issues
- Fisheries – challenges and sustainability
- The Coral environments – overview and inhabitants
- Underwater ecosystems and their importance
- The role of the Scuba Diver
What’s included in the price?
- Your own dedicated private Padi Master Instructor (for enhanced Fun & Safety)
- Classroom sessions
- Use of resource manuals and and equipment
- Hotel transfers
- The PADI Coral Reef Conservation Certification Card
- Two Scuba Dives in the open water environment (optional – £75 extra)
The Fragile Coral Reef – The Benefits
The benefits of understanding the plight of our fragile aquatic ecosystems are available to all, both divers and non-divers, because the underwater world that we need to survive, is being threatened. The Coral Reef Conservation course is stimulating and informative.
AWARE Fish Identification - The PADI AWARE Fish Identification course gives you the basic identification skills so you can recognise that “thingy type yellow fish” next time. Scuba Diving vacations are much more enjoyable when you can distinguish fish families and fish characteristics that are indigenous to different parts of the world.
Digital Underwater Photography - There are two versions of the underwater photography course. Depending on which type of underwater camera you are using, there is the film or digital certification available.
Peak Performance Buoyancy - Neutral buoyancy skills greatly enhance your comfort and safety during all scuba dives. The Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course is one of the most rewarding courses that benefits every dive, learning about proper weighting, controlled ascents and descents, and trimming in the water for effortless, relaxing dives.
PADI Master Scuba Diver - The PADI Coral Reef Conservation specialty course can be credited towards the highest rating in recreational diving, the Master Scuba Diver.