PADI DEEP DIVING SPECIALTY COURSE
Have you ever wondered what kind of sea life creatures live at 40 meters below sea level? Although diving deep is not a ‘must do’ for every scuba diver, most certified divers get the urge to explore the deep after a few exciting scuba dives have been logged. The excitement and exhileration that deep diving brings, is far too great for most divers to ignore.
The PADI Deep Diver specialty course – £160
PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course – prerequisites
PADI Adventure Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)
(Minimum age: 15 years old)
Deep Diving – Learn about
- Deep diving techniques and procedures
- Nitrogen narcosis symptoms & treatment
- Diving up to 40 meters of depth
- Scuba Equipment for deep dives
- Emergency Decompression
- Colour loss and Pressure related changes
Deep Diver – Learning Materials
The PADI Deep Diver crewpak is included in the price* which includes all the required materials to complete the PADI Deep Diver specialty course, and is available from the Silent Bubbles Scuba Academy.
The topics that are covered in the Manual & DVD include
- Considerations for diving to 40 meters
- Specialised scuba gear for deep dives
- Planning and organising a deep dive
- Deep diving hazards and safety equipment
What’s included in the price?
- Your own dedicated private Padi Deep Specialty Instructor
- Rental of a complete set of modern scuba equipment (regularly maintained and serviced)
- Classroom sessions if required
- Use of Deep Diving equipment
- Four deep scuba dives in the open water environment
- 4 Dives in 2 days
- The PADI Deep Diver Certification Card
Deep Dives – The Benefits
The PADI Deep Diver course allows divers the chance to experience a world witnessed by very few people. The lure of the unknown draws most divers into the wonders of deep diving, and this deep certification course lays the foundations for scuba addicts with ambitions of getting involved in Technical Diving.
Wreck Diving - Because ship wrecks and large fish like Sharks, Manta Rays and Whale Sharks, tend to be in deep water, a deep diving certification could be the only way to experience the thrill of diving wrecks that lay in water between 18 and 40 meters deep.
Nitrox Diver - Nitrox Diving (enriched air nitrox) gives more no decompression dive time, allowing the diver to stay longer underwater, especially on repetitive dives. By having an increased amount of Oxygen and less Nitrogen, scuba divers can benefit from a longer dive time at certain depths.
Underwater Scooters - Deep diving with a ‘Diver Propulsion Vehicle’ (DPV) allows the diver to cover a large area of the dive site without using too much effort for a relaxing dive.
PADI Master Scuba Diver - The PADI Deep Diver specialty course can be credited towards the highest rating in recreational diving, the Master Scuba Diver.