PADI DIVER PROPULSION VEHICLE DPV
DPVs or Underwater Scooters, offer divers a great way to see more of the dive site. With less time and energy, and in true ‘James Bond’ style, scooters are a lot of fun whether you are diving from the shore or from a dive boat.
The PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Specialty Course – £100
PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle course – prerequisites
PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)
Minimum age: 12 years old
Underwater Scooters – Learn about
- Dive planning with an Underwater Scooter
- Procedures and techniques for diving with underwater scooters
- Buoyancy control with a DPV
- DPV diving etiquette
Diver Propulsion Vehicle – Learning Materials
The PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle crewpak is not included in the price* which includes all the required materials to complete the PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty course, and is available from the Dive Shop.
The topics that are covered in the Manual & DVD will include
- Diver propulsion vehicle dive planning, procedures and techniques
- DPV problems and hazards
- Scooter equipment considerations
- DPV diving entries and exits
- DPV maintenance, battery care and transportation
- Dive planning with scooters and troubleshooting
What’s included in the price?
- Your own dedicated Private Scuba PADI DPV Specialty Instructor
- Rental of a complete set of modern scuba equipment (regularly maintained and serviced)
- Classroom sessions if required
- Use of underwater scooter
- Two scuba dives with scooters in the open water environment
- Transfers to and from your Pattaya Hotel
- Food and soft drinks on the Dive Boat
- The PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle Certification Card
Scooter Dives – The Benefits
DPVs are particularly useful when exploring a large dive site or when wreck diving because they let you tour more of the dive site. During all scooter dives, generally the diver will use less air and energy while having a huge amount of scooter fun.
Wreck Diver - Large ship wrecks can be explored in less time and with less energy if you’re diving with an underwater scooter, and it’s an exciting experience to discover ship wrecks in ‘James Bond’ style !
Underwater Navigator - Using Natural Navigation and an Underwater Compass on a scooter dive, will help the diver to find entry and exit points, and strong navigation skills are important for all scuba dives.
Peak Performance Buoyancy - Neutral buoyancy skills greatly enhance your comfort and safety during all dives. The Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course is one of the most rewarding courses that benefits every dive, learning about proper weighting, controlled ascents and descents, and trimming in the water for effortless, relaxing dives.
PADI Master Scuba Diver - The PADI Diver Propulsion Vehicle specialty course can be credited towards the highest rating in recreational diving, the Master Scuba Diver.
Please note that all prices are subject to change without prior notice and the prices that are quoted assume that all PADI prerequisites have been met to start the specific course and do not include the required PADI diving manuals and/or crewpacks*