PADI DRIFT DIVING SPECIALTY COURSE
The Drift Diver Specialty Course introduces divers to the feeling of ‘flying’ underwater, gliding with the current for a relaxing dive. Drift diving procedures include staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time, using the flow of the underwater currents to provide relaxing and almost effortless dives.
The PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course – £130
PADI Drift Diver course – prerequisites
PADI Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)
(Minimum age: 12 years old)
Drift Diving – Learn about
- Drift Diving procedures and techniques
- Problems and Hazards of diving in currents
- Drift Diving equipment
- Buoyancy control
- Dive site selection
- Staying together
Drift Diver – Learning Materials
The PADI Drift Diver crewpak is included in the price* which includes all the required materials to complete the PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course, and is available from Silent Bubbles Scuba Academy.
The topics that are covered in the Manual & DVD include
- Dive planning and site selection
- How to use Drift diving gear – floats, lines, reels
- The causes and effects of underwater currents
- Diving techniques for staying with your buddy/group
What’s included in the price?
- Your own dedicated private PADI Drift Specialty Instructor
- Rental of a complete set of modern scuba equipment (regularly maintained and serviced)
- Classroom sessions if required
- Use of drift diving equipment
- Two drift dives in the open water environment
- The PADI Drift Diver Certification Card
Drift Dives – The Benefits
A popular method of covering large dive sites is drift diving, allowing the diver to glide on the river or ocean currents. Saving energy means better air consumption and using less effort for a relaxing dive.
Underwater Scooters - Drift diving with ‘Diver Propulsion Vehicles’ (DPV’s) allows the diver to cover a large area of the dive site, and without using too much effort for a relaxing dive.
PADI Master Scuba Diver - The PADI Drift Diver specialty course can be credited towards the highest rating in recreational diving, the Master Scuba Diver.
Please note that all prices are subject to change without prior notice and the prices that are quoted assume that all PADI prerequisites have been met to start the specific course and do not include the required PADI diving manuals and/or crewpacks*