PADI SCUBA EQUIPMENT SPECIALIST COURSE
You’ve seen it happen right ? You’re on your scuba diving holiday, it’s the perfect dive site, and during your pre-dive safety check, the dive group discovers a few minor problems. A blown o-ring, a broken fin strap and your dive buddy has a regulator freeflow. The PADI Equipment Specialty course prepares you to manage these basic scuba gear adjustments, carry out regular maintenance and provide general care for your scuba equipment, while helping you to understand how a scuba system works, how it’s repaired, and how to “save the dive”.
The PADI Scuba Equipment Specialty Course – 100£
PADI Scuba Equipment Specialty course – prerequisites:
PADI Scuba Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation)
Scuba Equipment Specialist – Learn about
- The theory, principles, and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Diving gear – routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures
- Dive equipment packing and scuba kit storage
- How to overcome common scuba gear problems
Equipment Specialist – Learning Materials
The PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving is not included in the price* which includes all the required materials to complete the PADI Scuba Equipment specialty course, and it is available from the Dive Center.
Topics covered in the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving & DVD include
- Scuba maintenance, service and repair
- Diving equipment – how it’s made, how it works, fixing common problems
- Diving physics
- The physiology of scuba diving
- The history of scuba diving
What’s included in the price?
- Your own dedicated private PADI Equipment Specialty Instructor
- Classroom sessions
- Use of resource manuals and and equipment
- Dive gear maintenance, service and repair
- The PADI Equipment Specialist Certification Card
- Two scuba dives in the open water environment (optional – £75 extra)
Scuba Gear Specialist – The Benefits
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course does qualify the diver as a scuba technician, however it provides the foundation for proper maintenance and care for your investment in your scuba kit, and it may save you losing that precious dive on your next scuba diving vacation.
PADI Master Scuba Diver - The PADI Scuba Equipment specialty course can be credited towards the highest rating in recreational diving, the Master Scuba Diver.
Please note that all prices are subject to change without prior notice and the prices that are quoted assume that all PADI prerequisites have been met to start the specific course and do not include the required PADI diving manuals and/or crewpacks*